The reason I started this blog was not only to serve as an outlet for my ‘writing’ urges but also acquaint myself with other likeminded bloggers out there. That’s how I encountered Charl from Miscrawl. I was astonished to find that our taste in books and movies are so similar, plus she’s a Cat Lady! Then, just last week I got a notification. No words. I was dumbfounded. It’s only been a few months since I ventured into the Blogosphere and I’d be lying if I said that I was nothing less than overwhelmed with what I saw. Charl from Miscrawl nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award (Yay!) which I found quite ironic because if there is anyone out there who actually deserves the award it’s Charl herself. Her other blog ‘Meet My Crohn’s‘, chronicling her symbiotic existence with the Crohn’s disease is one the most inspirational blogs I’ve come across. I can’t thank you enough for this nomination Charl. These frivolous awards are like little vials of encouragement to bloggers especially new ones.
The best part about such awards is that you get to nominate other bloggers. So my dear nominees, the award rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award requirements.
Here are 7 things about myself that only a few are privy to:
- I love reading. Books, I believe, are the best thing that happened to mankind. I don’t know who exactly constitutes a ‘well read’ person but I secretly wish to inherit that title someday.
- Although I am not overweight per se but whenever I take a second helping I get exceeding conscious and have even considered (rather horrifyingly) bulimia.
- I’ve always wanted to be a Vegan but chicken is like the forbidden fruit I can’t live without.
- Speaking of which, I am a Big Foodie. I’ve more than often tried to explain the difference between a Foodie and a Glutton to people who use them interchangeably. (I think a Foodie essentially is a colloquial connotation of ‘Gourmet’. An eclectic eater.)
- I dream of working and settling down in any of the Scandinavian countries (Sweden preferably). Since childhood Scandinavian authors have painted this portrait in my head and I want to witness it live.
- I love singing. I sing for my church choir as a tenor. Praise takes worship to a whole new level.
- This is an embarrassing confession. ‘Shopaholic and Baby’ was the first chick lit book I’ve read. *face palm* I desperately needed to read something on this trip and this was the only one within my hand’s reach.
I can’t think of 15 bloggers but I can definitely list a few blogs I ardently follow (in no particular order of preference):
Meet My Crohn’s: A blogger chronicling her tryst with the Crohn’s disease.
Just A Little Whim: One of the first blogs I followed on WordPress and stalk till date.
Browsing Bookshelves: A fellow blogger with an amazing taste for the best in literature.
Books and Reviews: Elena’s ‘Top Ten Tuesdays’ is something to look out for every week.
Collin Garbarino: One of the most versatile bloggers – his views encompassing diverse topics and interests.
Northwest Frame Of Mind: The most mesmerising Photography blog.
Conversations with Machines: Again, an amazing book blog.
Nakita Audrey: A cosmopolitan blogger.
My Beautiful Bookshelf: Of books and bookworms.
The Girl With The Artistic Soul: Because you’re an amazing human being and the most talented person I know. :)
Acceptance Through Perception: Poetry that’s lucid and bereft of periphrasis and because you’re my bestie. :P
Thank you for inspiring me. :)